Probate - Traffic Court
Traffic Court Information
- For court dates, contact Probate Court at 706-253-8755.
- Failure to Appear will be issued for failure to pay and/or attend Court on your designated arraignment day and will result in a possible suspension of your Georgia driving privileges or bench warrant.
- Bench Warrants, contact Probate Court at 706-253-8755.
- Application for the Services of a Public Defender.
- Payments can be made in the office, by mail, or online.
- You can pay online at www.ezcourtpay.com.
- You can pay in office Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:00am – 4:00pm.
We accept cash, money order/cashier’s checks, and Visa or Mastercard credit/debit cards (processing fees apply)
- You may mail money orders/cashier’s checks to the address below. Include your name or citation number on your money order. If you do not pay prior to your court date, you must come back to:
Pickens County Probate Court
50 North Main Street
Jasper GA 30143
Required to Attend Court
- All arrestable offenses (including but not limited to DUI, Suspended License, No License, VGCSA)
- Offenses which suspend driver’s license (including but not limited to hit and run/leaving scene, speeding by over 24 mph by a under 21 driver, fleeing, suspended registration, and racing)
- Speeding tickets 100 MPH and faster
- If you are requesting Nolo Contendre Plea, Driving School, or Community Service
Super Speeder Law
Super Speed Limitations:
- The Super Speed fine is imposed by the State of Georgia and is NOT associated with Pickens County Probate Court
- 75 MPH or more on any two lane road, or
- 85 MPH or more anywhere in Georgia
- Defendant will be notified of an additional $200 fine which must be paid to the Department of Driver Services within 120 days or the license will be suspended
- Find more information regarding the Super Speeder Law (OCGA §40-6-189) at the Georgia Department of Drivers Services.
For Georgia License Information, please call the Georgia Department of Drivers Services at 678-413-8400